Borrowing clothes for your bump, or renting maternity clothes may sound rather strange but it is becoming quite the done thing for many women.
In fact it becomes a smart idea especially when you are 6 months pregnant looking for a maternity evening gown or special event dress that you know you’ll only wear once.
Instead of swapping maternity clothes with friends or hitting up your husband’s closet for an oversized button-down shirt, consider renting instead.
7 Benefits of renting maternity clothes
- You can enjoy a little retail therapy — without the guilt!
- No need to justify buying an expensive cocktail dress when you’re 7 months pregnant.
- Get access to designer maternity clothing that you’d normally never be able to purchase – rent really great, high-end brands and designs for the same price as if you bought a budget or mediocre wardrobe.
- When your belly has gotten too big for the clothing you have or you’re ready for some changes in your maternity wardrobe, simply hire some more.
- Traded them in when you get tired of wearing the same outfits.
- Adjust your wardrobe with the seasons or as you change shape with ease.
- Saves you money and the stress of shopping!
If you really like to be prepared, make a list of the important events you have coming up in the next few months and what you’ll need to wear for each (weddings, business meetings, conference presentations, parties, etc.) so you can be on the lookout for the perfect outfits. You may still need to invest in some of the basics like a few comfortable maternity bras, and maybe even a support belt, but in the long run you’ll save yourself lots of money and avoid all the stress.
Looking glam and keeping comfortable while pregnant isn’t always easy. And dressing up for a special occasion can be expensive so when you are looking for a few new pieces to add to your maternity wardrobe or searching for designer clothes at affordable prices, consider hiring or renting maternity clothes.