Have you ever considered hosting, or participating in a baby clothes swap?
There are plenty of reasons why they are very popular. A baby clothes swap is like a party but you get free clothes for your children.
Parents are always on the lookout out for new ideas on ways to manage old baby clothes and ways to get new outfits without breaking the bank. After all, kids grow so fast, why spend a fortune on a designer dress or pants when they may only get one wear.
So if you are looking for a way to fit in some much-needed socializing whist getting some clever shopping done, host a baby clothes swap.
Tips for hosting a baby clothes swap
- Items to swap: Gather all old, unwanted or unusable clothing items and toys ready to be swapped or exchanged. Remember to be respectful of the others, only choose things that are in good condition. If you have lots of items with stains, holes or damage, leave those out of the clothing swap.
- Location: Decide on a roomy space – outdoors or inside – where the event can be held.
- Display: Make sure there is plenty of space to display the clothing. You may need several folding tables or racks, depending on how many women are going to attend the swap. If you are limited on space, consider hanging clothes on clothing likes with clothes pins.
- Snacks: Food and drinks are a must too – just like any regular party – this one is bound to have adults and kids so make sure refreshments and any entertainment is age appropriate and safe.
- Invitations: Once you’ve planned your clothing swap, you’ll want to ensure you have plenty of invitations ready to send out to friends, family and local mother’s groups so that you have lots of items to swap with a great variety.
It is important to be organised. You may want to create signs for each table that designate the age range, sex and type of clothing that are located on each table.
Tip: Do not make a table for dresses, or pants or t-shirts. Group clothing by size. That is how you shop in a regular store so that is how you are going to have the most effective swap meet.