FitFlops or Fit Flops, not to be mistaken for flip flops are an ideal (and safe) footwear for pregnant women.
FitFlops are said to be one of the most comfortable shoe options for everyday wear and are highly popular amongst pregnant women.
Benefits of wearing FitFlops are reported as follows:
- Improves your core muscle strength.
- Absorbs shock on your feet, knees and back
- Encourages better posture and stronger muscles
- Burns calories (but any walking would do this, right?)
- Can help reduce cellulite and slim and tone your thighs!
- Strengthens and tones muscles in the feet, legs, buttocks, stomach and back
These shoes were designed to be a cross between a popular summer flip flop and a gym, helping to promote longer durations of walking and standing while reducing back pain.
Despite their height, there is plenty of room on each side (perfect for swollen feet during pregnancy) and they are made to be a bit wider to provide support and stability.
They are a shoe recommended by pregnant women because of their comfort , however as with any medical condition, the makers of FitFlops recommend that any prospective FitFlop wearer consult their doctor before putting a pair of FitFlops into regular use.
If you are looking for a range of comfortable shoes to wear during pregnancy, take a look at our recommendations. There are some boots, sneakers, sandals and even work shoes.